InfoLinks

RSS

Collards and Smoked Sausage

Now we are talking about one of my FAVORITE Vegetables.. Collards.. Yes that big green leaf that is part of the Cabbage Family.. I swear I have so many different ways I cook these babies...  I am going to share one of my odd ball ones.. It makes sense doesn't it..
I love Southern Cooking.. I think we know how to spice it up.. I try to cut down on grease when ever possible...
So here is a little healthier way to eat them...



You will need:
1lb Collards (washed and cut)
1 pack of Butterball Smoked Turkey Sausage..( You can use pork or beef)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 dash of Apple Cider Vinegar








You will bring your pot of water to a boil. Add Salt and Collards.. Let them cook to your desired texture... Before you cut them off add cut pieces of Turkey Sausage. You will let that cook until done.. I think you should add the sausage about 20 minutes before you cut off your Collards..
Now this will add the smoke flavor and some added grease... This way you cut out the ham and the fatback..
Add the Apple Cider Vinegar for extra taste...

Enjoy

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Reggie said...

Some good greens will make your tongue slap your brains clean out!!

Mahoganydymond™ said...

I know that's the truth...

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews