InfoLinks

RSS

Non Traditional Candied Yams

My cousin made this dish once before. When she made it I didn't know you could mix the two together. So I being the person I am, I had to try it my way... (Now it don't look like the picture to the right). Yet this is so so good...
I call it my Non Traditional Candied Yams...



5-6 thick cut Sweet Potato Chunks
4-5 thick cut White Potato Chunks
1/3 cup Brown Sugar (you can use really how much you want)
3/4 cup White Sugar
1 Tablespoons of Nutmeg
1 Stick of Butter
1 cup of Water for Boiling

*I add more sugar and butter.. Just for my taste*

Add all that into a pot cover it up.. When it starts to boil uncover, until the Potatoes are tender...

You can add Cinnamon if you like.

Serves: 6-8

The funny thing about when I make this for people outside of the family, people tend not to want it. They think it is strange to eat sweet white potatoes.. Once they try it they are pretty much hooked like I was...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Cheesy Poof said...

Sounds really good. I think I'm going to try this in my little crock pot and have it with a pork roast. Yum.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews