InfoLinks

RSS

Fried Turkey Necks... My mother's Favorite....




You know being in the South we tend to eat almost EVERYTHING when it is Fried...  Normally people only use Turkey Necks for Thanksgiving Gravy or Stock for soups and Stews.. Well not in my household...
We like to experiment we things.. I know that I do... My mother used to make these and they were actually good.. I think  that was how I started eating them... Since I am sharing Family Favorites here is something that has been served for family, parties, and friends...
You will need:
1 package of Turkey Necks (I tend to get those that are 5 to 6 a pack)
Creole Seasoning
Flour
Salt and Pepper (optional)
Oil for frying

Rinse and cut Turkey necks in half (across)
Season them and  add to a pot of water.. Bring them to a boil and then cook them on low for 1hr to an 1hr in a half.. Basically until tender... After they cook drain water and let them cool off.. 
You should have flour and add salt pepper to the flour.. Take the Turkey Necks and roll them in the flour and  put in a pan of hot grease..  Let them fry on all sides until golden brown.. 
Then drain the grease and enjoy...

I will always add pictures to the finish product once I cook them again... 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews