InfoLinks

RSS

Ham Perlow (Greasy Rice)

I tried this back when I went to the low country with my boyfriend at the time. His mother made this and I like went crazy over it. He wouldn't never tell me how to make it. So I tried it myself. It was good, I think better than his mother. So once I told him how I made it he said I was right... LOL

You know I am a cook when I can taste something then go and make it myself without the recipe. It is easy and very simple though.

I have to let you know this first off.. You got to be a lover of Ham.


Ham Perlow... Greasy Rice is what some call it in the low country of South Carolina.

2lb to 5lb Ham (Butt or Shank)
3 or 4 cups of Uncle Bens Rice
1/2 cup Chopped Onions (optional)
1 ts of Pepper
1 ts of Salt (optional)

Bake the Ham for 1 to 2 hours depending on the size of the ham.
Save the juices.
Then pour the juices into a pot then add rice, onions, salt, and pepper.
While the rice is cooking break apart the ham.
Right before the rice is down add the ham. Then let it cook for about 2 to 3 mins...

I tell you all this is good..

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews