InfoLinks

RSS

Baked Black-Eye Peas (Yes I said it) My signature for Summer BBQ's!

One day I was doing a small cook out for just the family.  I went to the store several times and forgot Baked Beans more than once...  What is a cook out without Baked Peas.. So I looked in to the cabinets.. I was like Hmmmm! This might be good.. Turns out the FAMILY LOVED it...

This will be a serving for 8 to 10 people

  • 3 cans of Lucks Blackeye Peas (any brand will be fine)
  • 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
  • 1 medium fine chopped Onion
  • 1 medium fine chopped green bell pepper
  • 3 slices of thick Bacon
  • 1/2 cup of Dark Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons of Molasses
  • Dash of Salt and Pepper to taste...

*Depending on how sweet you like your beans you can always add more sugar.. I know I did*

Mix all ingredients Except the Bacon put them in a pan in which you are going to cook them in... Then add the bacon to the top.. Let it bake for about 35 minutes at 350...


Hope you enjoy!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Reggie said...

This seriously sounds good!!!

Mahoganydymond™ said...

It really is...

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews